It’s been a bit more quite on the blog and the YouTube channel lately. But don’t worry, it was just due to a communion which required quite some preparation.
This was also the reason why you don’t receive a post from me for the first time since I started running this blog. Good news though, the event was successful and the family was happy.
Hence, I can return to spending that time again in creating content for you 👍
Having said that, today’s topic is about why getting to the first 100k was really challenging for me and why it took me longer than expected when looking at the retirement calculators.
That’s why in today’s video I’m sharing why it took me more time due to some stupid mistakes I made. It’s not all success and a straight line up. That’s not how it has worked for me and I’ll probably continue to make some mistakes.
I just hope that by sharing these it might avoid you to make less mistakes than I did.
So have your coffee ready and let me know what you think 🙏
- 00:52 – Why Growth investing doesn’t work for me ($ARKK)
- 02:55 – My portfolio performance over the last 6 months
- 05:32 – My sector allocation
- 06:52 – My largest dividend portfolio holdings
- 08:58 – Growing dividend income is what mostly matters!
- 10:23 – The savings rate is at the foundation of getting to the first 100.000
- 13:40 – How to calculate how much time it takes to get to 100K
- 15:11 – My stupid mistakes and why it took longer to get to 100000
- 23:12 – How it’s going now and what I’m expecting
- 25:07 – Final thoughts and closing
Did you reach 100K already? Do you recognize the 3 biggest mistakes I made?
Let me know! I’m always curious to learn.
Have a great weekend!
European Dividend Growth Investor